So, I really think you should come visit me in Boston when I pass through on my Tour de Sweet book tour.
On November 8, I will be making a sweet stop at Eat Cake! in Newburyport ( I'll also be stopping in downtown Boston on November 7, at SWEET). They will have books on hand for you to buy and me to sign and draw a cute little unicorn, cupcake or robot in for you.
But I don't want to be too bossy about it, so instead of saying "you'd better come, you!" I'll give you five sweet reasons why it would be a good idea for you to come. Totally your decision though.
1. Eat Cake! is adorable. They have exposed-brick walls and black and white checked floors. Classic!
2. The bakery has a very sweet story--sort of "If you bake it, they will come." Read it here.
3. On their menu is something that goes like this: "The Infamous Dipped Chocolate Fudge: cake dipped in Chocolate with Vanilla (or Oreo) buttercream, dipped in Chocolate again". I want that in my mouth.
4. They also have a "Today's Cupcake" feature on their site, where you can see what is available TODAY--with pictures. I love this.
5. I will be bringing some cute stuff to give away to lucky winners, including notecards, original art, and my famous cupcake-unicorn-robot socks.
This event will take place at Eat Cake!, 9 Prince Street, Newburyport, at 3pm. For directions and more, visit the Eat Cake! website.