When I recently received a sample package of HalfPops ("the crunchy heart of popcorn"), I knew what I had to do.
I had to dessert-ify them by coating them in chocolate and peanut butter, naturally.
I went about this experiment not necessarily knowing if it would work, but happily, it did, and what I ended up with were unattractive but extremely tasty haystacks of sweet-and-salty deliciousness. Want to make this magic happen at home? It's beyond easy. Here's how you do it.Chocolate Peanut Butter HalfPops Clusters
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 heaping spoonful peanut butter
- 1 package (7 ounces) HalfPops in the Sea Salt flavor
- Get ready: Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate chips over medium heat, stirring frequently to keep from scorching, until the mixture is creamy and melty. Add the peanut butter and stir until incorporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Halfpops, stirring until completely coated. Place a heaping spoonful into your prepared cupcake liners. Makes about 12.