Winter got you down? Well, here's a way to add some sugar to the cold, dark days: Snowman Cupcakes!
Snowman-ify the cupcakes of your choice with this super-easy tutorial from Philadelphia's Bredenbeck's Bakery--not only is it easy, but it's fun and delicious when you're snowed in.
Here's how you do it.
- A dozen of your favorite cupcakes
- 16 oz. vanilla icing
- 22 oz. (two packages) white chocolate chips
- Red shoestring licorice, black gel icing, candies for decorating
- Start with your favorite cupcake recipe and bake according to instructions
- Flip your cooled cupcakes upside down, and spoon a dollop of icing on top to add height
- Place the iced cupcakes in the freezer until icing is firm
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler
- Place frozen iced cupcakes on a wire rack
- Spoon melted white chocolate over top of iced cupcakes, allowing excess to drizzle through wire rack
- Wrap a few pieces of shoestring licorice around for a scarf, create a face, nose and buttons using the black gel icing and candies.
Of course, if you make them, share your pictures with them on the Bredenbeck's Facebook Page for sweet snow day fun!