Lucky, lucky you. SpyMom has another sweet holiday recipe to share: Snowy Snickerdoodles. No, you won't get an explanation of where the name comes from, but you will get a recipe that is bound to be delicious, because that's how she rolls.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon sugar
- In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter; beat in egg and vanilla
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt
- Add to butter mixture
- Blend well
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls
- Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter
- Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat
- Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.