Cornflake wreaths are like the Rice Krispie Treat's Christmas-y cousin, made in very much the same method, but decorated in a far more festive fashion.
They're a classic that many of you probably grew up with, so it's probably not a new recipe for you, but sometimes it's sweet to pay homage to the old favorites, no?
Here's how I make them.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (can use all vanilla or all almond extract, if preferred)
- 4 cups Corn Flakes
- On your stovetop in a saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the marshmallows and mix frequently until they get melty and cohesive.
- Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then Corn flakes.
- Drop by spoonfuls in to little stacks on greased wax paper; using your fingers, work holes into the center of each stack (I find it easiest to do this as you spoon them). Garnish with red candies if desired.
- Let cool, and serve. This recipe makes 15-20, depending on size.