First, at my lovely and amazing retail shop, cleverly titled CakeSpy Shop, you can buy these amazing pins by JustJenn Designs. They say "I Like Big Bundts". Now that is hilarious! There are matching notecards too.
But wait, there's more!
When Jenn sent me a parcel of said pins, she also sent a four-pack of some of the most amazing things I've put in my mouth recently: Cookie Cupcakes.
What are they, exactly? Cookie? Cupcake? The answer is YES. And deliciously so, on both counts. Served in cupcake liners, these are cakey, decadent cookies that are so full of butter and chocolate chips that you'll totally be ok with the lack of frosting. For reals.
Want a recipe? OK. You can also find it on JustJenn Recipes (that and so many more!).
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prep a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Once combined, add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Alternate the flour mixture with the milk until combined. This will look like cookie batter!
- JustJenn Note: Cinnamon Chips are hard to find, but so worth the hunt. They are made by Hershey’s and as far as I can tell in the Los Angeles area they are only sold at Alberton’s. So weird! If you can find them – get them, you won’t be disappointed.
- Now fold in the chocolate chips and cinnamon chips.
- Fill your liners about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until toothpick test says they’re done! Let cool on a wire rack.