CakeSpy Note: This recipe was contributed by Cake Gumshoe Erin, who says "I always make it near Australia Day. It is a great treat and very yummy!"
Ingredients for cakes
- 125g unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 tea spoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded/desicated coconut (for the topping)
Ingredients for Iceing
- 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup boliling water
- 20 g melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 160c.
- To make icing place all icing ingreadients in a bowl and whisk to combine set aside ( I do this when the slice is in the oven).
- Place butter,sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy (use the beaters for this) gradully add the eggs and beat well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder togeather over butter mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the milk.
- pour into a 20cm X 30cm tin lined with grease proof paper and bake for 20 minutes or untill cooked.
- while still warm cut into in squares and poor over the icing (you MUST do this!) sprinkle with the coconut and you have your lammington slice!