What is Menu For Hope, you ask? Here's the scoop, via Chez Pim:
Menu For Hope is an annual fundraising campaign hosted by Pim Techamuanvivit and a revolving group of food bloggers around the world. Five years ago, the devastating tsunami in Southeast Asia inspired me to find a way to help, and the very first Menu for Hope was born. The campaign has since become a yearly affair.
Each December, food bloggers from all over the world join the campaign by offering a delectable array of food-related items for the Menu for Hope raffle. Anyone – and that means you too - can participate. For every $10 donated, you earn one virtual ticket to bid on an item of your choice. At the end of the two-week campaign, the tickets are drawn and the results announced on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18.
So how do you get in on this sweet action? To Donate and Enter the Menu for Hope Raffle, here's what you need to do:
- Choose a bid item or bid items of your choice from our Menu for Hope main bid item list (the code for my donation is UW31).
- Go to the donation site at Firstgiving and make a donation.
- Please specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per bid item, and please use the bid item code (remember--mine is UW31).
- Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 tickets for EU02 - 2xEU01, 3xEU02.
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
- Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
- Check back on Chez Pim on Monday, January 18 for the results of the raffle.
Thanks for your participation, and good luck in the raffle!