The New Year is upon us, and with it comes that most dreaded, terrible custom: The New Year's Resolution. Proclamations of healthy eating and new gym memberships are as plentiful as the popping of champagne corks less than a week before. However, as we all know, few stick to those resolutions--so when you've given up, when you're ready to come back to the dark side, we present the Salad Dressing Cake.
Salad Dressing Cake (Via reliableanswers.com)
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa (we used ground chocolate--see above)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise salad dressing (or vegenaise for a vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together, beat until smooth. Grease a 13"x9" cake pan (we used a circular pan) and dust with flour. Bake at 350° for 30-minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Frost when cool; we used this simple buttercream frosting:
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a mixer bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on high speed 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.