Show's over, folks--the cake poll is closed, and we've chosen a winner from over 250 responses (the total between comments left and responses emailed!).
And the lucky winner is Maddi from Florida!
Let's learn a bit more about Maddi, shall we?
- Her ideal time for cake-eating is late morning, almost noontime--"It makes a great breakfasty snack!"--and she always enjoys hers with a glass of ice cold milk.
- As for her cupcake color choice? Pink frosting every time--a girl after our own hearts.
- As for the part of a sheet cake she likes best? The middle.
- As for cake a la mode, she's not committing quite yet: "It depends on the cake, but I myself will never turn down a good scoop of vanilla ice cream."
- As for grocery store cakes, living near a grocer with a particularly good bakery section, she's not opposed--but as for ice cream cakes, "now...those are a a whole different story."
- When it comes to temperature, she'll take her cake room temperature.
- As for baking vs. decorating, her favorite part is the decorating: "Despite how labor intensive it is, it's a labor of love!"
- And finally, when it comes to her special occasions, cakewise it's usually a semi-sweet white cake is the norm for most occasions in my family, but once in a while chocolate will make a comeback.
Congratulations Maddi, and thank you for everyone's responses! We loved learning more about you and your cake references--even though we are not able to respond to every entry, we read every single one!
Til next time--stay sweet!